Armored Core: V [AC-03 Mad Cat] *Declassified*

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Armored Core: V [AC-03 Mad Cat] *Declassified*

Postby Chevalier » Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 am

AC-03 Mad Cat *Declassified*
Regulation 1.01

Core System
Head: UHD-10/A Gawain (KE-Resistant Type)
Core: Surt CR114 (KE-Resistant Type)
Legs: ULG-30/L (Reverse Jointed-L)
Recon Unit: N/A

Power System
Generator: UGN-70/Ho Vital (High-Output Type)
Booster: Tempete BT49 (Low-Consumption Type)

Weapon System
Arms: UAM-10 Severn (KE-Resistant Type)
FCS: KV-1T2/Otkryt (Wide-Angle Type)
R Arm Unit: Aulnee LR230 (Specialized for Power, Grade 9, 3.18 second Lock-On, 7 second charge time, 67% EN Output Drain), (Laser Rifle) Lampourde RF23 - awaiting performance enhancement
L Arm Unit: Aulnee LR230 (Specialized for Power, Grade 9, 3.56 second Lock-On, 7 second charge time, 66% EN Output Drain), (Laser Rifle) ULR-22/R - awaiting performance enhancement
Shoulder Unit: USM-14 Mathura (0.14 second Lock-On, 0.81 second Max Lock-On), (Short-Range CE Missile)
Ultimate Weapon: N/A
R Bay Unit: N/A
L Bay Unit: UTG-36 Stamford (0.22 second Lock-On) (Target Gun) Removed

General AC Statistics
Booster: 116 115
HB: 221 219
KE: 1833
CE: 272
TE: 426
Total Weight: 5,884 5960
Stability: 1,081
Recoil Resistance: 947 950
Turning Performance: 652 649
Energy Recovery: 6,727 6918
Repair Cost: 177,800 Au 168,800
AP: 27,413
Total Load: 4,732 4,808
Loading Capacity: 4,839
Total EN Consumption: 10,303 10,112
Energy Output: 17,030

Summary
This AC is mostly a tribute to one of my favorite BattleMechs, the Mad Cat. That being said, this AC isn't without it's purpose. It's use is as a test-bed for my missile experiments. In fact, 37.5% of the Weapon System is dedicated to it. The USM-14 Mathura is the highest Attack Power missile with a Max Locks stat of 6. To get all 6 locks, I included the KV-1T2/Otkryt, the highest possible Mssl Lock Computation for 6 Missile Locks. Finally, using the knowledge that Arms with 2 Shoulder Unit Storage exhaust 2 missiles per missile lock instead of doubling missile Ammo Capacity, I equipped the UAM-10 Severn. All this together allows for this AC to fire 3 full waves of 12 missiles that total up to 15,072 CE Attack Power per wave. It leaves 8 extra missiles in change that can be fired for 10,048 CE Attack Power. Each Missile Lock requires only a 0.14 second wait with a 0.81 second wait to get all 6 Missile Locks. Unfortunately, due to the Short-Range nature of these missiles, they only have a short time period before they lose track and go haywire, leaving them to be, quite literally, short range.

Past that, the Core System was structured with the purpose of trying to pass off the appearance of a Mad Cat from MechWarrior/BattleTech. I settled with the dual Aulnee LR230 Laser Rifles because... well... MechWarrior keeps giving them lasers. With that in mind, the Power System was also structured with the typical UGN-70/Ho Vital and Tempete BT49 for maximum EN efficiency. Upon discovering the attrocious Lock-On speed of the Aulnee LR230, I slapped on the UTG-36 Stamford Target Gun so that it can retain the hard-to-get Lock-On in case a target breaks Line-of-Sight. I'm still jacking off with the Laser Rifles in AC Test. Trying to figure out the math behind the EN Consumption of TE weapons and Boosters. I've figured accurately by timing the Charge Time of Laser Rifles that the EN Consumption During Use divided by the Charge Time in seconds divided by the Energy Recovery is the EN Output Drain, as any Laser Rifle equal to or less than 100% of the Energy Recovery wont drop the EN Capacity Gauge. The problem with that math is when charging both weapons at once. Charging both the R and L Arm Unit Aulnee LR230 Laser Rifles is a EN Consumption During Use cost of 62,640. Dividing that by the Charge Time in seconds, it results in a EN Output Drain of 8,949. Subtracting from that the EN Recovery, that should be minus 2,222 EN per second, or minus 15,551 EN to fire both Aulnee LR230 Laser Rifles at full charge. With the UGM-70/Ho Vital's EN Capacity of 59,980, that means I should only be losing about 26% of my EN Capacity Gauge. But I don't. The observed result is 52%. Double what I have calculated. Tests are done. I'm not sure if this is something to consider "broken." When charging two Laser Rifles at once, the EN Consumption During Use stat of both Laser Rifles is doubled. I need to replace one of them.

This AC is open to suggestions as long as they don't disrupt the Mad Cat theme.

Difficulties
*During the Decal process of designing this AC, I encountered an odd and frustrating glitch when trying to apply a "DANGER Hot Exhaust DANGER" style decal (like the one on AC-01 Osan) to the back plate of the ULG-30/L Legs. It absolutely refused to allow me to directly apply the decal. I had to have the part heavily offset from where the decal was for the decal to be placed where I wanted it to be. In the end, the part wasn't even on my screen anymore when I finally applied the decal where I wanted it to be. I almost threw my controller.
*Just discovered that dual charging Laser Rifles doubles the EN Consumption During Use stat of both weapons, causing it to drain your EN as if you are charging 4 Laser Rifles at once. Currently looking to replace one of the currently equipped Laser Rifles. The Weight Allowance for changing the R Arm Unit is 625 lbs. Thinking of maybe a Kinetic weapon.

Screenshots

Revised
*L Bay Unit: UTG-36 Stamford removed - 308 lbs. available
*R Arm Unit: Aulnee LR230 removed - 826 lbs. available
*L Arm Unit: Aulnee LR230 removed and replaced with ULR-22/R - 542 lbs. available
Notes: Add-On. Charge time is 4 seconds. EN Output Drain is 52%. Energy Recovery During Use is 3,636. Lock-On speed is 1.51 seconds.
*R Arm Unit: Lampourde RF23 installed - 31 lbs. available
Notes: Add-On. Lock-On speed is 1.78 seconds.
Notes: L Arm Unit: ULR-22/R stats recalculated. EN Output Drain is 56%. Energy Recovery During Use is 3,012.
Notes: R Arm Unit: Lampourde RF23 and L Arm Unit: ULR-22/R have been Specialized for Power. Stats have been recalculated.
Notes: R Arm Unit: Lampourde RF23 - Lock-On speed is 2 seconds.
Notes: L Arm Unit: ULR-22/R - Lock-On speed is 2.18 seconds. EN Output Drain is 73.17%. Energy Recovery During Use is 1,856.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
Chevalier
Raven

GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Re: Armored Core: V [AC-03 Mad Cat] *Declassified*

Postby Quetzac » Sun May 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Yea, those aulnee's speced for power just take WAAAAAY too much time to charge up and WAAAAY too much energy to dual wield and WAAAAY too long to lock on. But they are one of the coolest looking weapons in this game. Props on the Madcat/Timberwolf theme ^ ^.
As for battletech mechs, my favorites aways been the Axeman. House steiner ftw. Dam... its been too long T.t
Quetzac
Raven

PSN: zdueker

Postby Chevalier » Sun May 20, 2012 3:47 pm

I've since been revamping this AC. Still a work in progress.
Proud AC Architect
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Apollo » Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Confused on the specs. You removed the target gun, gained weight, and slowed down while increasing EN recovery? Lolwut?

Edit: NVM swapped an Autnee for a solid shell weapon.
Long-Range/High-Speed/Unconventional

My AC's:
FunnelSpider (Versions 1&2)
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17325&p=231690#p231690

RoMAD [Test Build]
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17299

Rabbit (Can't catch me 'cause the Rabbit don't die.)
//classified//
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sun May 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeah, this AC became grossly incomplete once I found out about the Laser Rifle EN Consumption During Use fault. I'll probably be posting a new topic for the AC-03 Mad Cat II. This thing's been pretty tricky.
Proud AC Architect
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Apollo » Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Yeah, it kind of sucks to have that fault. I think out of everything I've seen laser rifles are my favorite weapon, I just haven't found the perfect one for me yet. I love how subtle or ridiculously disconcerting they can be depending on the one you pick. I believe some weapons are very easy to trace back to the origin point (thereby ruining your advantage of stealth) and some of the laser rifles are just a tiny "tick" and 1.5k AP is gone. :)

I'll do some laser rifle research later tonight.

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sun May 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Tonight? I be seeing you in the Vanguard shortly?
Proud AC Architect
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Apollo » Sun May 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Yep. Any idea why online is so barren?

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 am

So you made a missile boat and you're bragging about it?
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Insert normal ChaseNetwork statements here.

Insert standard unusually bitter comeback here.

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven

GamerTag: Wanabe Metalhed

Postby Apollo » Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Why so hostile man? Seriously, CTFO.

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Return to Designs Section