AC: FunnelSpider

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Apollo
Veteran Raven

AC: FunnelSpider

Postby Apollo » Fri May 25, 2012 9:43 pm

AC Data: Sniper Spec Tetrapod

Head: Perseus
Core: Dazhbog (TE)
Arms: Volga2
Legs: Belukha (Before you ask, check the movement criteria Chev :wink: )
FCS: Predire
Generator: Ho-Vital
Booster: Gale
Recon: 36/EA
RA: Erbsen SC62 - Sniper Cannon/SPOW
LA: Ziatko - Sniper/SPOW
Shoulder: Asansol (Flash Rocket)
RB: Svetlyak - Howitzer/SRAP
LB: UMJ-05/H (Movement Jammer, Fired Projectile)

Desc: I decided to go way out of the norm with this sniper platform, testing quads, jammers, sniper cannons and flash rockets for the first time on the same build. I wanted to break 1K Defense on TE and CE defense. The sniper cannon is a ton of fun and dishes out insane amounts of damage very quickly. The Ziatko (I prefer Seidenbaum for actual sniping) is for target picking at a distance and can hit for a solid 2.5K a shot despite being drainy. It's a very drainy build with the Ziatko/TE parts, so I threw the Ho-Vital in there to keep it warm. The Erbsen is not my preferred sniper cannon, but the sniper cannons that fire 3-5 rounds I find are slightly ridiculous despite their potential for damage and I can drop two Erbsen shots on an AC with some alarming accuracy. The real crux of this build was something I found at that happens at close quarters. This AC is tremendously disconcerting to fight against for two reasons: One - a sniper cannon thwacking your AC has a huge WTF value, Two- A nice combo that can be sustained is the Svetlyak (Specced for Rapid Fire), Flash Rockets, and the Movement Jammer. For those of you who havn't tested one, the Jammer fires a projectile that does many things, but this one in particular makes controlling/moving/piloting your AC when in the vicinity a complete pain. Add in rapid fire howitzer rounds and flash rocket spam and you can't move, see or aim. It's a vicious combination that tears through AP in a hurry.

I find that it maintains some pretty exceptional mobility standards while still maintaining 42K AP with high defenses, has some hellacious burst firepower, along with the (I hope) anti-meta combo (I don't care what you're using if you can't move, see, or aim and are down 20K AP from sniper shots while closing with your dual gats, and woe to you if you don't close the gap :twisted: .)

Specs:
Earthy colors splotched together (for general concealment).

TW: 7,646
Stability: 1,112
Recoil Resistance: 1,254
Turning Performace: 685
Energy Recovery: 5,246

AP: 42,497
Load: 6,232
Load Cap: 7,001
Total EN Consumption: 11,784
Energy Output: 17,030
Attachments
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0866.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
Long-Range/High-Speed/Unconventional

My AC's:
FunnelSpider (Versions 1&2)
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17325&p=231690#p231690

RoMAD [Test Build]
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17299

Rabbit (Can't catch me 'cause the Rabbit don't die.)
//classified//
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Re: AC: FunnelSpider

Postby Chevalier » Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 am

Well... my first thought is Johnny Bravo.
I'm impressed by it's performance. However, it will find some challenges. The Jammer is only good until a target uses a single quick-boost, or falls out of the air. Also, accurately slapping some-one with it is a problem. If you can make the target play to your rules (hence the funnel spider name I suppose) it may work out. pinpoint accuracy with the Erbsen, despite my fears. The H.E.A.T. Howitzer will be difficult to use without the Jammer condition, and will also force you to dispose of your Erbsen, leaving it to be your only option. The Belukha legs were a good choice, they're actually one of my favorites. I'd wish you could pump a little more KE in there. NA players have a focus on picking off targets from a distance, then bum-rushing at odd angles. You've done a clearly good job with the specs of the AC. I see no-where for improvement. All that's left is for you to train hard with those unconventional weapons.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Sat May 26, 2012 12:59 pm

I've been playing with the HEAT Howitzer and other weapons, trying to find which one compliments the FR/Jammer combo. And hi-boosting basically makes any jammer null and void. I've found this combo works very well from above, as the trajectory/muzzle velocity of FR/JAM/HEAT Howwy are very different when shooting straight on. I've had some success with it though. Definitely need to work on my SC skills, I've tagged someone in Free Battles and it rocked their world :mrgreen: I'll probably keep playing with unconventional weapons to find a rotation that really feels good/compliments the AC. And FunnelSpider is definitely a hint at making your opponent play your perfect range the whole time.

EDIT: Ay pretty momma. What'dya say you 'n me go somewhere and HYUUH!?

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven
GamerTag: Wanabe Metalhed

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Sat May 26, 2012 2:47 pm

I believe you can trade off minimal loss of mobility for extra armour with the Ortigara legs. I dunno if mobility is paramount to you, but those are the legs my Relic AC uses and it's quite mobile for a quad.
Last edited by Wanabe Metalhed on Sun May 27, 2012 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Insert normal ChaseNetwork statements here.

Insert standard unusually bitter comeback here.

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 pm

I did actually trade off the legs for another set (I don't recall the name) that were beneficial in every area except mobility. I have two versions of this AC now, one has auto-attack guns, two gatling turrets, a pulse gun, a shotgun, and the sniper cannon with the Prochnoi (SP?) and some parts traded off for weight with the heavier set of legs. Basically, one is for 1v1 and the other is for sniping operations.

EDIT: In PvP, his LW mech pounded my TurretFunnel Spider pretty hard (his super high speed mid range played against my super long range Sniper Cannon and my super close range pulse gun/shotgun/turrets/auto attack). I played him with the original FunnelSpider and got up on him (He wisely closed against the SCannon again, but when he got in just far enough I bum rushed him (he wanted to play in the middle, I wanted to play long, so when we closed it went faster than he thought it would and we ended up very close) and lit him up with the Jammer/Svetlyak/FR and rocked his world. Once he pulled off -very damaged-, I rotated back to the Ziatko and simply safe zoned myself while he ran away to no avail (had like 8k AP left and the Ziatko is hitting for 3K attack power) and took my sweet time making those final shots perfectly accurate and unavoidable.

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Apollo wrote:one has auto-attack guns, two gatling turrets, a pulse gun, a shotgun, and the sniper cannon with the Prochnoi (SP?)

How'd you fit two turrets in? Can you spawn two turrets from one gun?
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sat May 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Yes. Look at the Max Sub-Units stat on your FCS. Whatever that number is, that is how many deployed turrets of any variant you can have on the field.
Say you Max Sub-Units is 5
You have a Missile Turret and a Gatling Turret
You can have 5 Missile Turrets
You can have 5 Gatling Turrets
You can have 3 Missile Turrets and 2 Gatling Turrets
you may have as many of that same turret as you wish as long as you don't exceed the Max Sub-Units stat on your FCS.

I have seen a team do some crazy stuff using this knowledge before.
They were on defense and had like 20 Missile Turrets doing down a hill. We simply could not get passed that hill. But we sure as hell could wipe out the helicopters while they camped back there.
Proud AC Architect
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Sat May 26, 2012 8:02 pm

I don't think FCS affects the Sniper Cannon, but I love the Predire and its max is only two :?

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 am

Yeah, I swapped out for the Glance on mine (CHEVALIER I'M STILL WAITING) because you can't lock on a sniper cannon anyway.
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:

Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sun May 27, 2012 8:02 am

T_T I'm busy using dual shotguns at an arcade in Suwon, South Korea right now. Just took the top score too. Some zombie apocalypse style game. Will post a video. Wingman's recording me. I'll be back on XBL to finish my research in 2-3 hours from now.
Proud AC Architect

Return to “Designs Section”